Saturday, 17 May 2008

Chelsea Garden Preview

Over the last year scurrilous rumours appeared on the BBC Gardening site suggesting that Brian Harvey (who ran over his own head with his car) was to be the next presenter of Gardener's World. Monty Don's current indisposition would seem to give the lie to this - surely Brian would have been standing in for him by now? However, Harvey fans should take heart - Brian is busy preparing his garden for the Chelsea Flower Show. Unlike Rachel de Thame, Brian apparently has a Kew Diploma in Gardening and is not even a pretty face..

Sneak preview of the garden clic on the pic to enlarge. Don't forget.. you saw it here first




Sock it to me!

9 comments:

VP said...

Another strange happening in Chippenham - Brian Harvey's head incident that is.

I tell you - the place is seriously wierd.

Arabella Sock said...

I'm so excited!!!! My very first comment! Someone.. somewhere.. out there.. is talking to the sock!!

VP said...

Not bad for just a few days in eh! :)

The Black Finger Nail said...

I notice that Brian features Opium Poppies and Hemp quite heavily has this had an influence on the name of the show garden?

Arabella Sock said...

I'm quite sure that identifying those kind of plants isn't a necessary prerequisite for a Kew diploma. He probably doesn't realise - although the bong water feature is a bit of a worry...

Gartenmeister said...

Tis true! no word of a lie...

:)

GM

Gartenmeister said...

By the way, are you Arabella Lennox-Sock?

mazeyfaery said...

i can't get to view this, tells me not found. boo hoo, i'm just loving your His Cordship & his baggywag

Arabella Sock said...

Hello MazeyFaery

I'm not sure what happened to the original photolink but I've put the actual photo on the blog now.

I'm amazed you found your way to this post - it was years ago, one of my first. My style has changed a bit since then but his Cordship is still wearing the same old trousers!