The Sock has been asked to nominate five of the best blogs she reads. This is difficult because as we all know, most blogs are complete rubbish! Therefore it is far more in keeping to list the five most boring blogs the Sock has been unfortunate enough to waste time on!
Before we start on the morass of mediocrity the Sock would like to say that she very much enjoys those blogs that are not only about gardening but give a glimpse into both the writer's life and personality. They share not just their words but something of their real selves. VP achieves this easily, some of Team Sock have felt bereft that James the Hat has been away from his Blackpitts blog for over a week, Simon's Allotment conveys a real bloke with great vegetables!
But enough good blogs already. Here are the Sock's nominations for the Arte Y Cowpat award for most tedious blog so far...
1. The entire BBC Gardener's World blogging team. Joe and Alys and members of the production team bore you rigid with details of what is likely to appear in the next episode (in the event there ever is one)! THAT IS WHAT THE SOCK BUYS THE RADIO TIMES FOR!!! Joe leads the way in making his blog as dull and scripted as the program itself... and don't EVER refer to Hampton Court as just plain old Hampton again!
2. James Alexander-Sinclair! No, not his own blog. This is for the Gardener's World Magazine site blog which wilts like a clematis in comparison. Worse than that - whilst sneaking in a plug for his own Blackpitt's blog he failed to mention either The Sea of Immeasurable Gray or Emma's Baklava Shed Coalition in his roll-call of great blogs . Both Emma and the Sock are gutted over this - a sentiment the Sock posted on the site but which seems to have been censored!
3. His Organic Jerkinness. It would appear he doesn't blog but invariably sells his personal stories to the papers thus profiting from what so many give for free!
4. The Sexy Sustainable Stag Beetle Blog. As the author of this is not to be mentioned until next Tuesday at the earliest the Sock can't say anything more about it. (Other than to note that the unnamed person is now so desperate for attention they have resorted to posting on message-boards! see messages 32 and 38).
5. The 'Who ate all the Pies' blog. This blog is from someone calling themselves Reg and professing to live next door to some mad old bat who runs around her garden pretending to be a choo-choo train! The blog appears to be a list of the toings and froings of the filming from the garden next door. As Reg appears to believe that he should have been the primary presenter of this program we must assume that the list is in preparation for some sort of litigation.
After deep deliberation the Sock is awarding the Arte Y Cowpat to (play the music)