Monday, 21 July 2008

Sock'll fix it!

First play the music to get us all in the mood


video


whilst that's playing the Sock is pleased to announce that each week she is going to "Fix it" for one of our dear celebrities of the horticultural world.

This week the Sock will cast "Dr. Magic's" special dust over the wishes of one sad and lonely garden designer...


Dear Arabella

Could you fix it for me to be a romantic hero all the ladies will swoon over? All my friends are seen as Heathcliffe, Darcy, Mallen or even George Clooney. Surely there must be some literary figure I could be compared too?

Mr. X


Well Mr. X - Now then, now then, this week the Sock has fixed it for you to have your dreams come true!!!!

clic for the flic



Do you know someone you would like to be fixed by the Sock? Write to Arabella at the Sea of Immeasurable Gravy.

9 comments:

emmat said...

See that's the thing, James A-S has got a nice smile, whereas those literary titans are all scowlers. No point wasting the smile when you got a good one like that.

granro said...

I think I may be able to summon up the odd swoon if necessary.

Arabella Sock said...

Yes I think James A-S did well to be the Scarlet Pumpernickel (why does Tony Curtis suddenly spring to mind with that?). Anyway Sir Percy Blakeney was stylish, witty, cheerful and a tad camp and his alter ego the Pimpernel was brave, dashing and deep! What more could a woman want?
Definitely 9 out of 10 on the swoon scale.

JamesA-S said...

Thank you, I am terribly flattered (and ridiculously easily pleased).

Fat Rascal said...

I too find the Scarlet Pimple strangely attractive - like Adam Ant and Bryan Ferry when he wore make-up.

I had a look at the man's blog and refrained from commenting on there as I was worried. Apparently honourable bloggers were having difficulty adding comments so I would have been devastated if mine appeared with no trouble!

I was going to ask him what constitutes an "interesting sheep", as seen on his hols.
Men who find sheep interesting would be the first into the tumbril, I fear, whilst the sock supporters knitted away at their garden under the guillotine.

emmat said...

I don't even know what a tumbril is. Going away to look it up in the dictionary my boyfriend got me at university. He wrote in the front "Here is a book for you to make less mistakes with." that was his little joke.

Arabella Sock said...

I'm off to look up 'tessellated rabbit' as seen on J-AS blog. I knew there was something I meant to do.

Right I just looked it up... I'm not sure I am much wiser but apparently you can do it with triangles but not octagons! So good news for Joe then.

emmat said...

tumbril actually is defined as a cart you go to the guillotine in! It really is French revolution. I admire Fat Rascal even more now for having a crosswordily-broad vocab.

Fat Rascal said...

Now I'm really chuffed Emma!
I used to do crosswords but I'm sure I have always known "tumbril" from reading "A Tale of Two Cities" or maybe even watching the
old black and white film of "The Scarlet Pimpernel".
What is even more astonishing is the fact that the Guillotine was used in France up until 1977.