Thursday, 14 August 2008

Bye Bye love


As you might imagine the Sock has been desperate to find some small consolation in yesterday's horrible news.

There is none. We have a man with no theme tune who looks like everybody - Monty, Jean-Luc Picard, Art Garfunkel and Tony Parsons. And believe me none of it is in a good way!

The Sock believes that even the gardening world is not attempting to put a brave face on it (except for the Sun who boasts that Peter Seaburk tipped everyone the wink a couple of weeks ago!).

Check out this article from the Telegraph was there ever anyone so damned as to be described as "he has all the attributes and experience, albeit having gained it on some of the smaller channels." or my favourite Carol Klein who said she could offer "no opinion" on Buckland's appointment. The Sock knows exactly what Carol meant.

But the person who comes out of this worse is the Sock herself! How is she supposed to work with the image of a man who looks like these people? She had hoped for the pleasure of working with a divine gardening god not a smirking satyr!

18 comments:

emmat said...

The Everly Brothers were good, though, weren't they?

Anonymous said...

Ebony eyes!
Sniffle

Arabella Sock said...

If we are all going to have a sobfest then what about James Taylor, Fire and Rain. Crying already...

Psst Emma.. What is this about a picture of Matthew Wilson dressed as a pirate?

Pork Chop said...

Cathys clown seems appropriate.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say something earlier about your mourning attire, Madame Sock
It's a quote from a novel, but I thought of you
It was addressed to the young Queen Elizabeth, by Robert Dudley
'You look so enchanting in black velvet.
You should really never wear anything else'

Arabella Sock said...

Oh how sweet! THe Bedsock said I looked like I was wearing a dead seagull - that also works for me.

Anonymous said...

i can't disclose my identity but i am in possession of two photos of matthew wilson dressed as a pirate. if anyone wants to pay me good money for them i'm happy to be bribed...

Fat Rascal said...

The Jerkin's comment is ambiguous too -"hope he enjoys it as much as I did!"

I did get distracted by the photo of The Special One though -there's a man who combines the shortness of a Beardshaw with the brooding dark looks of a Wilson..an outdoor type who isn't afraid of getting rained on..oh why, oh why?

emmat said...

See anonymous has got TWO pictures. I'm out of the race already.

Anonymous said...

Why can't you disclose your identity?
The only reason I'm anon is I'm too thick to get a name!

emmat said...

Although, realistically, we should bear in mind the possibility that "anonymous" is actually Matthew Wilson. I mean, he could technically have unlimited numbers of photos of himself dressed up as a pirate to sell us. Depending on the amount of days he's hired the costume for, of course.

VeryAnonymous said...

Pirates are so old hat: I have a photograph of M.Wilson dressed up as the mascot of the Royal Welch Fusiliers

Crusty Bedsocks said...

I quite like pirates - in a Cap'n Jack Sparrow way! Bring on the photos!

emmat said...

Everybody likes pirates who has read Frenchman's creek. Let alone those of us who actually had to go on holiday in it.

The Black Finger Nail said...

Mildly interestingly the Royal Welsh Fusiliers mascot is a goat called William Windsor.

It once got into trouble by dressing up as a Nazi whilst goatcrashing a party in the Cotswolds.

HappyMouffetard said...

Funny you should call him a smirking satyr - he looks like how I imagined Mr Tumnus when I read The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe when I was a kid.

Arabella Sock said...

Happymouffetard!!! Yes, yes yes. I was trying to think where the image was coming from and you are so right! I can see a whole new load of bloggability there. We've got Mr Tumnus.. I've got someone in mind for the witchella.. it's all beginning to take shape nicely!

emmat said...

"the witchella"? Can't imagine who you can be thinking of.