Saturday, 2 August 2008

Of Cream teas and cloggies

Earlier in the week people begged to see photos of the afternoon tea the Sock had at the weekend. Unfortunately the Sock doesn't have any photos having realised from experience that one's mind needs to be focussed on the event - not the photography. In this case a moments diversion snapping away and the best cakes might have been grabbed. So the picture is of a similar sort of cream tea.


Most of you will have realised in life that something wonderful happening will always be balanced out by something bad in order to maintain equilibrium in the world. If you are lucky the something bad will happen to someone else. Unfortunately in this case we were well paid out for our gluttony by stumbling across that most English of weekend spoilers - Morris Dancers leaping about waving their handkerchiefs and sticks in the air!


But wait a minute can we see some familiar faces in this peculiar male-bonding ritual? I think we had better

clic for the pic

Oh dear!

6 comments:

Arabella Sock said...

I'm having problems with people not being able to access the blog from Internet Explorer although it works ok with Firefox. So I deleted and reposted this post plus all the comments with it in case it was somehow causing problems. That is why all the previous comments have disappeared.

Dishwasher Crab commented that Matthew Wilson is beginning to bear an uncanny likeness to Gordon Brown so perhaps Gordon Brown has hacked into the blog!

emmat said...

I can't remember what I said exactly, but I think I probably said utterly surprising and original to the effect that Matthew Wilson is handsome, Alan Titchmarsh doesn't believe in global warming, and Peter Seabrook doesn't believe in organic gardening. Oooh I might have added something about MW not being very good at dancing?

Arabella Sock said...

Oh, I thought you had said something to the effect that Matthew Wilson was clearly practicing for his probable stint on Strictly Come Dancing.

The Sock knows a really bad joke about Come Dancing.. but I can't tell you it because all the blogs have been declared a smut-free zone.

emmat said...

you could probably say it on my blog. I was looking through the settings the other day and disocverd you can make your blog parental advisory - I thought, oh yes, perhaps that would be agood idea, then i could swear!

VP said...

Hey gang, try this :

http://www.oneplusyou.com/q/v/blog_cuss

My blog's surprisingly clean - must try harder. Or in view of yesterday's events perhaps someone's doing that for me now?

Arabella Sock said...

I felt for you yesterday VP, with that post lifting stuff although I don't understand exactly what happened. I would have been very upset too although as Emma said on your comments it is 'bots' doing this and not people singling you out.

The beginning of the smut joke is

What is white and slides across ballroom floors?