Saturday, 16 August 2008

Walking on the Beaches picking up the peaches

Even through the haze of her Saturday morning hangover the Sock still managed a wry smile at the following article in the Grauniad

A walker stumbled across the remains of what is believed to be a 3,500 year old tribal chieftain whose burial casket was protruding from a beach in north Cornwall. (The walker).. said "I found a front tooth and another piece of bone and I looked to see where it had come from" and found a stone casket.
The article goes on to say "Archaeologists carried out an emergency excavation of the site".

Yes! That was probably because they were worried that seaside scavenger Toby "Tumnus" Buckland would turn up and haul the lot of to Berryfields to decorate the borders! How ethical would that be a 3,500 stone casket used as an alpine trough! (Hmm.. probably rather attractive though).

The cause of this mornings hangover was an evening of jolliness where the Sock and Bedsock laughed for ages over an hilarious new wheeze for the bloggywog. Sadly neither of us can remember now what it was..

11 comments:

emmat said...

ha ha ha ha
that Toby MakeaBuckfromTribalRemainsLand is a bit of a naughty scavenger isn't he?
That forgetting thing always happens to me. Remember the wheeze! Remember the wheeze!

emmat said...

Ps if you need another Buckland-a-like I've always thought Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looked a lot like mr tumnus.

Arabella Sock said...

The only way I'm going to remember is if we put ourselves into the same state again! ha ha! On my way already and it's not even apéro time.

Arabella Sock said...

Ole whatshisname - does look a lot like Mr. Tumnus! Such a weird coincidence that Mr. Tumnus likes treasure hunting too! It all seems pre-destined somehow.

By the way - update on the speckled bush crickets. I have caught 4 more and I am just chucking these out on the road rather than taking them to the park. What am I - a taxi service?

The Bedsock says they will come back through the house - we're terraced so I thought maybe they'd be stuck out the front. THen he says that he saw one in the bedroom once!!! What the heck is going on?

Gartenmeister said...

I saw him the other day, filming at one of my many horticultural haunts... The publicity photos don't do him justice really and the crew were complementary about him. Early days yet.

Still, I'm gutted that Brian Harvey slipped by this time. At least he's got time to pass his RHS M. Hort in peace!

GM

Arabella Sock said...

GM!!!! What is this The Toby Buckland Appreciation Society! There are two major things wrong with the Tumnus and they are

He's not Chris Beardshaw
He's not Matthew Wilson

So OK he may know how to hold a spade but that isn't the point is it.

My heartfelt sympathy goes to you that it wasn't Brian Harvey either.
I hope you are guTTed rather than gu'ed - the latter is soooo common.

emmat said...

However the sad but true thing about mr tumnus is that he is totally, wretchedly in the slavery of the white witchella, even though he does serve a very nice cream tea. It is also always winter where he lives, which strikes me as fairly limiting gardeningwise. And those little goatie legs, though I suppose they don't have to show them on television, they can do all kinds of clever things these days...

Arabella Sock said...

Oh dear Emma - I fear we may see rather more of the goaty legs than any of us really wanted too!

emmat said...

I'm sure there will be a happy ending - I seem to remember that mr tumnus is helped to overcome the white witch by a powerful christ-like lion figure called Waslan. Or something similar.

Gartenmeister said...

I'm holding judgement until he's broadcasted... Fair enough eh? In the meantime, my ear's to the ground!

Arabella Sock said...

Gartenmeister holding judgement!!! Ho ho ho! This isn't what we pay you for. Where are the conspiracy theories? They'll be unbanning you from the beeb boards next!