Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Health and Safety II

The Sock was fascinated to read that the lovely Alys Fowler has written a book!! Yes she has! It is called The Thrifty Gardener and is a real book for grown-ups. In it Alys describes how we can save money by raiding other people's skips. (Not in Brighton actually - the trick here is to wait until dark and then put all your rubbish in someone else's skip so they pay to get it taken away! Ha ha!)

The Health and Safety Dogs have something to say on the subject..

clic for the flic

7 comments:

artistsgarden said...

Very good
:)
Karen

granro said...

Loved it! Poor Alys. I've often wondered where I could get hold of a step ladder when I've seen some of the things people have thrown away. Sometimes they even throw away rich husbands.

Not Sarah! Not The Coat! :O

Fat Rascal said...

I can't think of anything to say as I love Mutt and Jeff and have gone all gaga!

They could present GW as far as I'm concerned.

The Beardshaw Weimeraner could do a guest spot, as could LLB's spaniels. I think we should patent the concept!

emmat said...

i hope you really are going to explain how not to be poor that's the kind of advice i am in need of. Then I can stop working and get back to working on my blog night and day

The Black Finger Nail said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen....

.....since we saw a restaurant menu on Patmos in 1999 offering Lamp kebabs.

....Or possibly a 2005 episode of Last of The Summer Wine that none of us has actually seen.

......Nearly as funny as an entry on Gareth Monkey's blog.

Hold on! His blogs are not nearly as funny as Lamp kebabs.

Arabella Sock said...

I'd forgotten Beardshaw was a dog-man. Weimeraner? You'd have thought he'd get a miniature.

Emma you could sell the pirate picture for quite a lot of money - I'm sure 'Garden Celebs Weekly' will
pay a fortune. You need to get it authenticated though - they weren't taking the SClub butt picture as they heard it might be Bob Pippidew's.

BFN I think it is time you turned the SAD light on.

Yolanda Elizabet said...

This was fun, can't wait for the next edition!