Sunday, 8 March 2009

More pussies

This time they are pussy willows.


The Socks went for a walk near Arundel castle and found these lovely pussy willows next to the riverbank. The colours and textures in them are absolutely fabulous and the pictures are worth clicking on to enlarge.


The bee was clearly enjoying the early season warmth and so were the Socks.

Unfortunately just after the Sock's had found a nice spot overlooking the river valley to enjoy their picnic lunch (the Bedsock's favourite homemade curry parsnip soup and a ham sandwich) it started to rain. Then just as we walked up to the brow of the hill it started to sleet and an icy wind cut into us. So much for Spring!

4 comments:

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

Wonderful picture with the Bee and the red stems.
Nearly missed this post as I thought it was going to be your cats (lol)
K

Arabella Sock said...

Wot!!!!! You wouldn't have visited if it was just pictures of my darling precious pussbabies? They're gutted.

I have never seen pussy willows so exuberant before - in fact I don't think I have ever noticed them having red stems! I do love the bee picture and I think I was lucky to get it as there was a fair old wind swaying the branches. The rest of the pictures I took before it flew off were rubbish - oh the joy of digital cameras!

James A-S said...

I am going to make a deeply contentious statement....
it is perhaps possible (though my no means inevitable) that said bee is cuter than many cats.
That said your personal kittykiddies are delightful and I do not wish to walk too far into the pussy-wussy minefield.

Arabella Sock said...

I will let you off the contentious statement partly because you have obviously been in such agony with the physio that it has addled your brain.. and partly because it is true that not all cats are cute.

Have you seen this one...

clink