Monday, 11 May 2009

Impala Impersonations

Previously, on the bloggywog, the Sock has mentioned the Malvern fashion show hosted by James and the gorgeous Sabrina Duncan International. No doubt bored and fidgetty after spending the morning trying to interject some life into the worthy but long-winded presentations by darling poppet Chris Beardshaw, James came into his own with the garden inspired fashion show. Just one problem... the models and their outfits were stealing the show! (clic the pics for the bigger picture)

Not to be outdone and perhaps a little jealous of the attention given to the young dancer James suddenly leapt into the air and grand jeté'd across the stage landing and twisting around to take a bow with the grace of an impassioned impala!


Unfortunately the Sock was so gob-smacked by these astonishing acrobatics that she missed the prized mid-air photo but managed to capture the bow. No-one was doubting who the star performer was now and James certainly looked pleased with himself!!

15 comments:

LittleGreenFingers said...

He brings to mind Mikhail Baryshnikov who I have just noted IMDB describes as 'boyishly cute, diminutive and strong as a bull, but as graceful as any gazelle or swan'.

Please can you just follow James round with a camera forever. This is like some stop motion reality TV show. I love it!

HappyMouffetard said...

I love the words associated with the leaps that impala make - it's called pronking or stotting. Apparently they do it to advertise their health, so perhaps James was wanting to show his health off to the ladies ;-)

Arabella Sock said...

Pronking and stotting!! I've splurted my coffee... fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I thought he said he had an impingement?
seems frisky enough to me.
Anonjan

Arabella Sock said...

Anonjan I thought the same!!! The impinged impassioned impala got a lot of sympathy and virtual huggywugs for his bad back as I remember. Humph!

HappyMouffetard said...

To be fair, Arabella, James did reciprocate lots of hugs back to varoius bloggers over the course of the show so the huggage quotient is probably around about equal now.

Arabella Sock said...

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! I didn't get a hug! Did everyone else get hugs? I'm gutted.. I should have thrown myself upon him and demanded one.

VP said...

Yep - I got 2 and so did Patient Gardener :D

And there was absolutely no sign of an impingement, so hugs must work wonders!

Arabella Sock said...

Two hugs! You are just rubbing it in now... Sob!

James A-S said...

You want hugs Arabella then you have to make your presence known. I can't just wander about hugging everybody on the show ground, I'd get a reputation.
Thank you for the toothy twinkle.

Arabella Sock said...

Well if I am going to become your professional stalker as Littlegreenfingers has suggested, it may be just as well if you don't recognise me!

Ryan said...

How does he get those teeth so pearly white?! There is something swan like about the picture too!

P.S. Arabella,now that I know all about Pronking and Stotting I may have to take it up in a professional capacity. Possibly on entering meetings!

jro said...

It's still a brilliant photo, even if you did miss the leap.

I can't get into James' blog! Disaster! Is anyone else having problems?

Arabella Sock said...

James's blog is bust Jro - it probably broke under the weight of people trying to find out what he was doing with a rather gorgeous 6ft drag artist.

If this info is of any help James I get error message saying

Exception: TypeError
# Message : html.plaintextgsub is not a function

when trying to get into your comments and the blogs you made from Malvern have disappeared.

Hurry up and get it fixed we want to come and play!

Juliet said...

I get the same error message. Also, the blog home page now has a large number of posts from 2008 instead of the most recent ones from 2009, polished avocado excepted :(

You need a licence to be a professional stalker you know, Arabella.