Wednesday, 24 June 2009

The Big Cheese


In a moment of almost certain sychronicity, whilst Happy Mouffetard entertained the crowds at GW Live with free cheese the Sock was being entertained by a giant formaggio in Rome!

The minute the Socks entered Volpetti's glorious deli in Rome the staff could see we were suckers obvious connoisseurs of all things food and wine and proceeded to give us tastings of everything in the shop. Our bags were quickly filled with all sorts of things we never knew we wanted, the best olive oils, goat cheese already escaping out of its packaging, our favourite fennel salamis, ham, mounds of mozzarella, olives, figs, nuts, pastries, balsamic vinegar, pies, patisserie, breads, cakes, until we eventually screamed ENOUGH!!

The Sock then politely asked if she could take a picture of this cornucopia and before she could say cheese was whisked around the counter and an enormous specimen was deposited in her hands. The Sock's not sure whether her 'personal assistant' was nuzzling up to the cheese or the Sock's increasingly ample bosom. He did give the Sock some nice chocolate sweeties as a little gift though....

The Sock wonders if Happy M. tried this technique on her customers!

8 comments:

VP said...

As I've been forced into a low fat diet by NAH, you're taunting me missus!

Mmmmm Cheese :p

HappyMouffetard said...

Do you mean giving away chocolates, or proffering an ample bosom? I spent 3 days trying to cadge the former from other stalls. I couldn't possibly comment on the latter...

James A-S said...

He looks like a man who habitually snuggles up to a peccorino.

Arabella Sock said...

I'm afraid it's not just the bosom that is ample now the rest of my body has followed suit! :( I'm joining VP on the low fat diet. :(

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

What with all the cheese? Everybody and their auntie Agatha are blogging about it. Sounds very fishy to me. ;-)

Arabella Sock said...

James, better that he snuggles up to a peccorino than an emmental.

The Black Fingernail said...

Soft cheese? Yup I can see Laughing Cow.

Arabella Sock said...

As rude as usual BFN. I once entered a competition by the makers of Laughing Cow cheese. You had to complete the slogan

Here's the Laughing Cow from France
She always loves to sing and dance

which I completed with

She won't be laughing on the hour
They take her to the abattoir!

----
I was gutted I didn't win as that was one of my best efforts.