Friday, 9 October 2009

The Times they are A-changing

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters
Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.
It has been more than three months since my darling cat Luka died. Three months that I have quite literally felt that I have been drowning in tears. I have wanted to write about my love and loss of Luka in the hope that it would help expunge my grief but whilst my head is full of everything I want to say, it has been too painful to set it down on paper.

We have a new family member at Sock Towers and I will soon introduce you to him on my blog but I can't do that without first acknowledging the fact that Luka will never be forgotten and how much he was, and always will be loved.

Whilst I write this the floodgates open again and my tears are falling onto my new kitten's back as he is curled up on my lap. I owe it to him, Hebe and the Bedsock, to start swimming through them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Arabella
As you know, one animal can never replace another - but you have enough love for all of them
Anonjan

emmat said...

Oh lady, can't wait to meet the new cat, but knowing the old cat will never be replaced.

VP said...

Of course Luka will be remembered and loved (just like our first 2 were), but I'm so pleased you've got enough love for a new kitten :)

Can't wait to have a peek!

YAN said...

Anyone who has ever lost a dog or a cat knows what a gap they can leave. A new pet can never fill it, but they make their own space, and there is nothing like a 6 week old kitten racing up the back of your jumper or having to be rescued from the top of the curtain rail every five minutes to make you realise that life can still be fun.

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

Oh Arabella - I do feel for you and I am also looking forward to meeting the new member of the family.
Big hug from Wales
K

Rothschild Orchid said...

They stay with us always. I am sure your new little chap will help you through it and wash away those tears.

RO

HappyMouffetard said...

(((Hug)))

Arabella Sock said...

Thanks everyone. It is impossible to be totally miserable with a mad little imp of a kitten bowling around the place. It just takes some getting used to. Fat Rascal had to remind me that I ought to take lots of photos of him whilst he is still so tiny realising that I would need to overcome the sense of disloyalty that I am taking photos of him when I can't even look at ones of Luka.

Newbie with no name hasn't quite yet reached the top of the curtains YAN but it is only a matter of time!000000000000000000000000000000
(that last lot of 000000000s was due to newbie clambering around on the keyboard AGAIN!)

Juliet said...

I was thinking of your Luka today because it's the anniversary of my starting a blog and you very kindly let me put his picture on my very first post.

I think we all miss him - you painted such a vivid picture of him for us - and I know you'll always remember him - as everyone else has said, he can never be replaced - but I'm so glad to hear you've got a new kitten who is helping you feel less miserable.

I look forward to seeing the photos & finding out what you have decided to call the Newbie.

Hugs,

Juliet