Wednesday, 10 March 2010

The Kitten Diaries Part IV - Signs of Spring


Arabella's Diary March 
Spook is by turns an adorable angel and an impious little beast, occasionally endearing but mainly exasperating. His latest obsessive activity is presenting me with any small object he has found around the house. When I say "find" I mean "snouted out". I have caught him several times on the dressing table with his head in my make-up bag meaning that various lipsticks, powders and creams will have been hidden around the house or presented at my feet for me to throw in yet another interminable game of 'fetch'. I should have known when I woke up to find him trying to cram a blusher brush into my mouth that he had found a new form of entertainment for himself.
 
The Bedsock says "Why don't you just hide these things from him?" A good point but then almost everything around the house would have to be hidden and almost everything poor Spookbaby does is wrong.

To try and alleviate his boredom, to tire out some of his excess energy (hopefully) and because it is sunny but cold outside and very nearly Spring, we decide to let Spook have his first supervised glimpse of the great outdoors. The Bedsock is worried that he will be straight over the wall and off but that is surprisingly not the case... for the first time ever Spook seems to be a bit of a scaredy cat!

 Come on out Spook the door is open...
 Don't be scared little Spookbaby - the sun is shining...

No need to be frightened I'll look after you....

 Oh well if you are not bothered!


One great step for kittenkind.....

All sorts of new exciting things out here

Heucheras to hide in...

And then inevitably things end in a fight!!!!!
Everybody back indoors - shows over!

6 comments:

Sarah from Toronto Gardens said...

What a fun adventure for a perfectly adorable kitty. Spook is so pretty, I love his markings.

HappyMouffetard said...

Ahhh, bless. It's scary letting them out for the first time, isn't it? Did he calm down after his trip out?

Arabella Sock said...

It is scary letting them out. Hebe doesn't go very far these days but I know once Spook gets brave enough he will be off out of sight and I will be sick with worry. I can't completely fence the garden in and I don't think it is fair to keep him indoors all the time. He did calm down immediately after his trip out but he has been eager to get out in the garden again since particularly since he now has the idea there are birds and things out there. :(

Martyn Cox said...

Is Hebe always in a bad mood? The cat has the most sombre expression

Victoria said...

What a sweet little chap. I think I could put up with the blusher brush in the mouth for a cat as cute as that.

Rob Clack said...

Utterly gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as my cat, of course!