Friday, 10 September 2010

Ask Arabella - your twitter questions answered



Dear Arabella

On the advice of my agent I recently joined twitter in the hope of publicising my forthcoming TV series and (no doubt) accompanying book .  I was gratified to find that I was immediately followed by hundreds of my fans.  I followed a select few of my celebrity TV and media "friends" and of course yourself Ms. Sock. You were one of the first people I followed in order to read your erudite and interesting tweets.

However, since then my "space" seems to have been invaded by other people's conversations which may or may not be "amusing" but certainly bypass me.  I feel like Ken Barlow surrounded by the talking heads of Deirdre and dear departed Blanche nagging at me.  I didn't expect to have to interact.  The Dalai Lama was a let down too - thought for the day was one thing but I didn't need to know that he was "sitting on a train" with accompanying photos.

Now I have "unfollowed" a substantial amount of people leaving just the crème de la crème of the gardening tweetworld. This would seem to have given offence to those I have cast off and even those I am still following do nothing but indulge in what people seem to call "banter".

I'm not sure I really understand the purpose of twitter.  What can I do?

Kind Regards
MD



Dear MD

Bring on the pigs.

Yours
The Unfollowed A.S.

9 comments:

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

chortle
K
xxx

Roland Paterson said...

He's re-following me......















Not really!

lialeendertz said...

Hee hee, Roland, I actually went and looked!
As I find myself suddenly to be a member of the creme de la creme of the gardening tweetworld *air punch* I should probably keep my mouth shut or suffer the same fate (but v funny tee hee)

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

He unfollowed the 100 % cashmere Sock herself? How very dare he!!!!

Nick said...

And he's following Alys Fowler twice!

Arabella Sock said...

You are so naughty Roland - when I read he was re-following you and not me my heart dropped!!

Arabella Sock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arabella Sock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Plant Mad Nige said...

People keep nagging me to be a twit.

The trouble is, try as I might, I cannot come up with a single reason for tweeting on Twitter. Can you - or anyone - fill the gaps in my ignorance and un-hinge my prejudice?

Nigel