Monday, 4 October 2010

Misty Morning in the Pyrenees

It has been a long held ambition to awaken early enough in the morning to venture out with camera and capture cobwebs dripping with dawn dew.  As you might imagine the tucked-in warmth of my continental quilt cocoon has too often provided a stumbling block to this enterprise.  So it was with great excitement that I awoke to a misty Pyrennean morning at our mountain inn and found a lacework of cobwebs hanging heavy with crystal droplets from the trees around.

These are my sought for pictures - I just love them and hope you do too.  Clic on them to enlarge for full effect and don't miss the detail in the last one...








Early morning mist in the valley below

 

Astonishing colours picked up by the watery webs


Delicately different patterns to each web


 Packed lunch!

9 comments:

onebeanrow said...

Those are beautiful and ethereal, even webby! How early did you have to peel off your cocoon and rise to get those?

patientgardener said...

Fabby pics - definately ones to treasure

Arabella Sock said...

Actually, Onebeanrow, it was a bit of a cheat really because it was actually about 9.30am and the sun was out burning off the morning mists. So I was just about out of bed. I did wake up early one morning and peak out of the window but until the sun starts to light things up the photos aren't as good any way.

Kate Bradbury said...

Gorgeous photos Arabella, thank you for getting up early to share them with us! I was in Cuba a few years ago and got up really early to watch the sun rise on the beach. We promised ourselves we'd do it again before we left but it was just the jet lag talking!

Janet/Plantaliscious said...

Wow. Beautiful.

Juliet said...

Those are lovely, Arabella :)
I was thinking rather you than me when you mentioned dawn, but 9.30 is my idea of early morning too!

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

These are really stunning Arabella
K

Belinda said...

I've been entranced by dewy webs in my garden too! Your photos are so otherworldly and beautiful. Belinda

HappyMouffetard said...

Beautiful photos. Although the final photo reminds me of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc