Saturday, 18 June 2011

Turkish Delight

Postcard from Turkey - as usual arriving a week after the Socks have returned home...


Dear All

Having a lovely time lazing around the villa and admiring the view from our infinity pool.

Sea turtles swim in the bay below us


Lovely beaches nearby with miles of sand and warm surfy sea


and funny little sand crabs that I spent ages photographing


Local market full of quality fruit and veg


A thriving family business where Granny kneads and bakes bread, Grand-daughter fills it and Father provides the freshly squeezed orange juice.  Perfect market breakfast.


A wonderfully therapeutic massage in a cave by the sea lulled by the sound of the waves. A Turkish Hammam where the Socks were steamed then soaked, scrubbed, soaped and stroked by a young lad.  All very restful until he broke the spell by chucking a bucket of cold water over us!

A perfect break to tide us over until a more active holiday later in the year.. perfect that was until the rather gruelling journey home to a week of cold and wet weather which has left us feeling like we need a holiday.


Normal blog service will resume shortly - probably.

5 comments:

Paddy Tobin said...

Nice holiday, glad you had a good time. Good to have normal service back.
Paddy

Victoria said...

Oh, that looks so wonderful. I. Am. So. Sick. Of. Rain

Plant Mad Nige said...

Arabella, this really won't do!
I was just getting resigned to being stuck in England with no prospect of an exotic trip before autumn and the garden half dead - the living half being the weeds - and thinking that at least we weren't ruining the planet with air miles and so on.

And then you show these pictures. Now I'm miserable, my travel feet are itching and I WANT TO BE THERE! Did you have to make the sea quite so deliciously blue and fruit looking quite so deliciously fresh and the bread looking quite so deliciously delicious?

I can't go on. Too sick with jealousy. Hope the cashmere doesn't shrink!

Anna said...

Nigel has taken the words out of my mouth. Would that I could step on a magic carpet away from the wet north west in the direction of Turkey.

Arabella Sock said...

It's rained ever since I got home!!!
This serves me right for being pleased it was raining at home whilst we were away as the garden desperately needed it.

Sorry if my post is a bit 'gloaty'. I like to keep a bit of a record of my hols on my blog as otherwise photos just disappear into albums or files and rarely seen again.